Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Regis High School transforms Catholic young men through an academically exceptional Jesuit education in a caring community which inspires leadership, generosity, and a lifelong passion for service as Men for Others. Regis is tuition free, and merit based, giving special consideration to families in need of financial assistance.
The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is responsible for the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion for students, faculty, and staff, while guiding efforts and creating opportunities to define, assess, and educate the community in these areas. The Director will also partner with all school constituencies — students, parents, faculty, staff, administration, alumni, and trustees — to support the school’s efforts in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. The position will begin July 1. The Director reports to the President and sits on the school’s Leadership Team.
This is a 12-month full-time position.
Primary Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Chair the school’s Diversity Committee and serve as a member of the Student Services Committee and Academic Committee
- Partner with Admissions Office to increase the diversity of the student applicant pool and to increase the enrollment of Black students and other students of color
- Partner with administrators to recruit, attract and retain faculty and staff from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
- Review, support, and develop equitable institutional policies, practices, procedures and programs
- Advise and support faculty members in their ongoing efforts to develop inclusive and equitable curricula
- Foster student leadership in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Support and develop programming for student formation in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Support and develop ongoing professional development for all faculty and staff in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Partner with Development Office to strengthen connections with constituents especially in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Work with administration and student life team on community issues and matters involving identity, equity, and inclusion
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Board’s DEI committee, and work with the President and Board on strategic planning matters regarding the school’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Possibly teach one academic course and / or participate in an additional area of student life
Specifically, the Director:
- supports the Jesuit/Catholic mission of the school;
- works in collaboration with other administrators in observing the principles and ideals for which Regis High School stands and should conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner which shall not bring reproach upon himself/herself;
- devotes energies to this position in conformity with the policies of Regis High School and is subject at all times to the general control and supervision of the President.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and a list of three references by email to Ms. Silvia Gerber, Secretary to the Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants, when all their required documents are submitted, will be contacted regarding next steps. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications received before April 9, 2021 will be given preference.
The Regis community strives to foster a sense of belonging at all levels of the organization. The hiring managers and school leaders seek to recruit and retain highly talented faculty and staff who are committed to our Catholic Jesuit mission and values. Central to this mission is a commitment to diversity and care for the whole person (cura personalis). Regis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.