Regis High School transforms Catholic young men through an academically exceptional Jesuit education in a caring community which inspires leadership, generosity, and a lifelong passion for service as Men for Others. Regis is tuition free, and merit based, giving special consideration to families in need of financial assistance.
The Admissions Associate
is responsible for assisting in the school’s efforts to attract a diverse,
passionate, and excellent pool of applicants for its admissions process. The role is an active
member in the school’s recruiting efforts for both Regis and our REACH program, working to
provide access to the life-changing gift of a Regis education to boys from the entire Catholic
community in the New York City area, most especially to those from families with financial need.
This role will help build relationships between Regis and communities historically underserved
by Jesuit institutions, seeking to cultivate the next generation of Regians and ensuring the
school’s continued success in inspiring leadership, generosity, and a lifelong passion for service.
Located in New York City, Regis High School is a Catholic, Jesuit, college preparatory school and
the only Jesuit, full-scholarship high school in the country. The school was founded in 1914
through the extraordinary generosity of an anonymous woman and her family. Regis now relies
on philanthropy of alumni, parents, and friends as it most significant source of financial support.
Regis is committed to both academic excellence and fostering a spirit of generosity and service
to those in need. Regis seeks to inspire and educate the ethnically diverse young men in its care
to become imaginative Catholic leaders committed to promoting justice and exerting leadership
in the Church, in their civic community, and in their future chosen profession.
The Admissions Associate
reports to the Director of Admissions & Enrollment and is
responsible for assisting in the recruiting efforts for the Admissions process for both Regis and
the REACH program. This is a full-time, exempt, 12-month position, with occasional evenings,
weekends and travel required.
- Work with the Director of Admissions & Enrollment and the Associate Director to create
an annual recruiting plan for both Regis High School and the REACH Program, a middle
school summer and Saturday program designed to provide educational access to Jesuit
schools for Catholic boys from underserved communities.
- Help develop appropriate recruiting materials for the school and develop the school’s
- Accompany visits to elementary schools and attend high school fairs as a representative
of Regis High School and the REACH Program.
- Coordinate with educational access programs, such as Prep for Prep, TEAK, Breakthrough
and Oliver Scholars to generate competitive applicants to Regis.
- Work with the other members of the Admissions Office to develop and maintain metrics
for tracking the success of the school’s recruiting and admissions processes.
- Manage the school’s admissions database and REACH admissions database.
- Help foster the nomination of qualified students by Catholic schools and parishes to
both REACH and Regis.
- Assist in the prescreening and nomination of prospective applicants from public and
- Guide applicants and their families through the online application process, particularly
those from underserved communities.
- Maintain applications and track missing materials.
- As a member of the Admissions Office, assist with regular admissions events, such as
Open Houses, Exam Day and Interview Day, REACH Information Sessions, and REACH
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions & Enrollment.
Qualifications & Skills
- One to three years of professional experience in progressively responsible positions
- Has an understanding of, and passion for, Regis’ mission of educating young men in the
tradition of the Society of Jesus, including a respect for and understanding of Regis’
Jesuit and Catholic culture.
- Demonstrates initiative, persistence, and the ability to actively seek and deepen
relationships and to forge new ones.
- Strong social skills and comfortable with networking and building long-term
- Is proficient in the use of technological tools, specifically the Microsoft Office products.
- Is a self-starter and follows through.
- Has strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to articulate ideas in a
meaningful way. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external
- Has strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in conversational Spanish (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, liberal arts, non-profit management or
other related field is required.
This is a fulltime, year-round position.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary range 60k-75k. Commensurate with years of experience and qualifications.
Most benefits go into effect immediately. Participation in the 403 (b) occurs after one year of
On or around August 1, 2023.
Supports the Jesuit/Catholic mission of the school.
The school expects one to conduct oneself at all times in a manner which shall not bring reproach upon oneself or the school.
The description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as the organization needs evolve.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding next steps once all required documents have been submitted. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Regis fosters an inclusive environment where we recruit and retain highly talented staff with differing abilities and who maintain a belief in the critical importance of diversity in the life of a school. Regis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.